The financial community is experiencing a period of profound change: continuing consolidation, increasing competition, advanced technology, and new regulations. As a market leader with more than 60 years of experience, we understand these changes and offer innovative solutions to help financial institutions of every size enhance the scope of their banking services and be successful market players.
Financial Institutions We Serve
- National banks
- Regional banks
- Community banks
- Credit unions
- Bankers banks
- Corporate credit unions
Correspondent Banking Services
Improve daily operating efficiencies and offer customers a broad range of competitive financial products and services:
- Check processing services, including image cash letter processing, market availability, clearing, and customized pricing.
- National cash vault services give clients access to coin and currency deposited/furnished and bond coupon processing, as well as foreign bank note, armored carrier, and wholesale cash vault services.
- Global treasury management services provide a full array of sophisticated cash management services.
- Fed fund lines
- Reverse repurchase agreement lines
- Syndicated loans
Interest Rate Management2
Experienced specialists provide tools and solutions to help manage interest rate risk for your financial institution and customers.
- Back-to-back or portfolio interest rate derivatives
- Interest rate management tools
Brokerage and Investment Advisory3
Our subsidiaries, UnionBanc Investment Services and HighMark Capital Management, can help you identify investment opportunities and provide professional advisory services for your institution.
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Investments
- Brokered Certificates of Deposit
International trade, foreign currency, and international payment products and services in both US Dollar and foreign currencies can help improve fee income.
- Foreign Currency Deposit accounts
- Spot and Forward contracts
- Currencies purchased/sold
- Wire transfers in USD and foreign currencies
- Foreign drafts
- Check clearing
- Convenient and comprehensive, single-source custody solutions, including securities processing, reporting, and safekeeping services to support financial and investment entities.
- An extensive network of professionals offers convenient access to our advisors and custody experts.
Global services help expand global market presence and mitigate payment risks.
- Letters of Credit advising, negotiation, and issuance services
- Standby letters of Credit
- International check clearing and collection
Efficiently and securely initiate, manage, and finance global trade transactions.
- Experience—Specialized global trade advisors help you manage risk and arrange appropriate financing for trade transactions.
- Support—Trade service operations staff members provide support as you navigate the complexities of these transactions.
- Technology—Our intuitive Trade Portal allows you to initiate, track, and manage all trades conveniently online.
To learn more about our Correspondent Banking services, contact one of our specialists listed below:
Ted Tulpan, Managing Director
Scott Strebe, Director
Denise Wiest, VP
Central and East
Michael Fallon, Director
(1) Financing subject to credit and collateral approval. Restrictions may apply. Terms and conditions subject to change.
(2) This and any other information or communication provided by MUFG Union Bank, N.A. (“MUB”) relating to currency, interest rate or other swap or derivatives products and services, whether written or oral, is not intended as (and shall not be deemed) investment advice or a recommendation to buy or sell any currency or other investment or instrument, nor shall it be deemed an assurance or guarantee as to the results or expected results of any transaction.
(3) Investment management services offered by MUFG Union Bank, N.A. in conjunction with its subsidiary, HighMark Capital Management, an SEC-registered investment adviser. Brokerage and investment advisory services offered by UnionBanc Investment Services LLC, a registered broker-dealer, investment adviser, member FINRA/SIPC, and subsidiary of MUFG Union Bank, N.A. Non-deposit investment products: • Are NOT deposits of or guaranteed by the Bank or any Bank affiliate • Are NOT insured by the FDIC or by any other federal government agency • Are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of principal invested.
(4) Foreign exchange and interest rate trading products and arrangements, such as forwards, options, and swaps, are not FDIC insured, and the risks of such products and arrangements are solely for your account. For further details regarding the risks and characteristics of foreign exchange trading products or interest rate trading products, contact your MUB Relationship Manager, Foreign Exchange Specialist, or Derivatives Marketer and request a copy of the General Statement of Characteristics and Risks for the product category of interest to you.