Media Telecom & Sports Finance
Working with clients for over 30+ years, MUFG's Media Telecom & Sports team extensively covers leading participants across a number of key sectors, including: telecommunications, broadband, satellite, networks, infrastructure, cloud services, and fiber optics. The team's longstanding commitment to the Media Telecom & Sports industries are evidenced by our top tier relationships across sectors, our prominent role in noteworthy transactions, and our active leadership in event-driven financings.
With representatives located in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, the team is well-aligned to serve its clients’ needs in a number of capacities, including: originating, structuring and delivering large commitments in support of M&A and other strategic objectives.
MUFG offers a full suite of banking products to meet customer needs for funding, liquidity, risk management, and advisory services for various parts of the capital structure.
Various Types of Financings:
- Structuring of general corporate and working capital financing
- Merger and acquisition finance
- Loan arranging and underwriting
- Bilateral lines of credit
Full suite of corporate & investment banking products:
- Credit facilities
- Bridge financing
- Debt and equity capital markets solutions (MUFG Securities)
- Term ABS
- Supply chain finance
- Export & Agency finance
- Lease Financing and Tax Equity
- Structured trade finance solutions
- Liability Management services (through our broker dealer affiliate, MUFG Securities)
- Interest rate and foreign exchange risk management
- Corporate Advisory
- Global Financials Solutions
- Ratings Agency Services
Specialized Global Treasury Management Solutions
The Media Telecom & Sports team is further supported by a group of global treasury management professionals who are committed to delivering customized treasury solutions tailored to individual client needs. Our treasury management solutions include:
- Comprehensive receivables and payables management
- Liquidity and investment management
- A complete suite of corporate card solutions
- Trust and escrow services
Mid-Corporate Media Telecom Finance
The MUFG team has expanded its industry coverage to companies in the growing and competitive mid-corporate Media Telecom sector, including fiber, regional cable, managed services, alternative carriers, media and wireless companies, complementing the respective larger corporate clients within the coverage space.
Mid-Corporate Media Telecom has maintained portfolio scale, product expertise and industry knowledge to continually grow the Mid-Corporate franchise, as the team leverages its industry knowledge, company contacts, capital markets, and other banking products.
- Mid-Corporates are defined as companies with annual revenues under $1 billion or EBITDA greater than $20mm.
Since establishing the MUFG Union Bank Sports Finance Coverage group in 2012, the team has cultivated industry-wide relationships across the major sports leagues, teams (and venue financing) and Regional Sports Networks primarily operating in the North American sports marketplace.
- Committed Lender: Consistent commitments demonstrate our desired support for league and franchise growth
- Leadership Roles: Well-positioned to grow leadership roles through increased commitments and long-term relationships
- Product Capability: Demonstrated ability to deliver lending, capital markets services, and other banking products to multiple clients, including structured financial solutions as required for acquisitions, refinancing, or restructurings
- Team Experience: The Sports team is comprised of individuals with over 20+ years of relationships in all four Major League Sports and has expanded its activity to include other sports related business, including MLS and Formula 1
For more information, please contact :
R. Frederick (Ric) Kay, Jr. - Managing Director
Head of Media Telecom & Sports Finance
Certain products and services described in this document are provided by MUFG Union Bank, N.A., a member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), and are marketed under MUFG and Union Bank® brands. Online applications supporting these products are branded Union Bank. Other products and services mentioned may be offered and marketed by other MUFG entities.
The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc.,
and is used by MUFG Union Bank, N.A. with permission. Member FDIC