A Long Commitment to Media, Telecom, and Sports Finance
Working with clients for more than 30 years, the MUFG Media, Telecom, and Sports team extensively covers leading participants across a number of key sectors, including: telecommunications, broadband, satellite, networks, infrastructure, cloud services, and fiber optics. Our long-standing commitment to the Media, Telecom, and Sports industries is evidenced by our top-tier relationships across sectors, prominent role in noteworthy transactions, and active leadership in event-driven financings.
With representatives in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, the team is well aligned to serve the needs of our clients in a number of capacities, from originating, structuring, and delivering large commitments in support of M&A to supporting other strategic objectives.
MUFG offers a full suite of banking products to meet customer needs for funding, liquidity, risk management, and advisory services for various parts of the capital structure.
For more information,
R. Frederick (Ric) Kay, Jr.
Head of Media, Telecom, and Sports Finance
Various Types of Financings:
- General Corporate and Working Capital
- Arranging and Underwriting
- Bilateral Lines of Credit
- Corporate and Investment Banking
- Credit Facilities
Debt and Equity Capital Markets Solutions (MUFG Securities)
Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facilities
Supply Chain Finance
Export and Agency Finance
Lease Financing and Tax Equity
Structured Trade Finance Solutions
Liability Management Services (MUFG Securities)
Interest Rate and Foreign Exchange Risk Management
Global Financials Solutions
- Ratings Agency Services
Specialized Global Treasury Management Solutions
The MUFG Media, Telecom, and Sports team is further supported by a group of global professionals committed to delivering customized treasury solutions tailored to individual client needs, including:
Comprehensive receivables and payables management
Liquidity and investment management
A complete suite of corporate card solutions
- Trust and escrow services
Mid-Corporate Media Telecom Finance
The MUFG team expanded industry coverage to companies in the growing and competitive mid-corporate Media Telecom sector including fiber, regional cable, managed services, alternative carriers, media, and wireless companies.
Our Mid-Corporate Media Telecom team maintains portfolio scale, product expertise, and industry knowledge to provide access to capital markets and other banking products.
Mid-Corporates are defined as companies with annual revenues under $1B or EBITDA greater than $20MM.
Since establishing the MUFG Union Bank Sports Finance group in 2012, we have continued to cultivate industry-wide relationships across major sports leagues, teams, and regional sports networks primarily operating in the North American sports marketplace.
- Committed Lender: Consistent commitments demonstrate support for league and franchise growth
- Leadership Roles: Well positioned to grow leadership roles through increased commitments and long-term relationships
- Product Capability: Demonstrated ability to deliver lending, capital markets services, and other banking products to multiple clients, including venue financings and structured financial solutions required for acquisitions, refinancing, and restructurings
- Experience: The MUFG Sports team is comprised of individuals who have more than 20 years of experience supporting relationships across all four major league sports and extends to other sports related businesses, (e.g., Major League Soccer and Formula 1)
Financing subject to credit and collateral approval. Fees and other restrictions may apply. Terms and conditions subject to change.
Certain products and services described in this document are provided by MUFG Union Bank, N.A., a member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), and are marketed under MUFG and Union Bank® brands. Online applications supporting these products are branded Union Bank. Other products and services mentioned may be offered and marketed by other MUFG entities.